Pages

Monday 16 March 2020

What we did last week?

WALT: Write an explanation to explain why my CULTURE is special.

   Why being Samoan is special to me

  • I Love the clothing that my culture wears 

  • I love the traditional food and our culture  

  •  I love the tattooing

Title: My culture and ME!

General statement: Being Samoan is something I cherish and will forever be proud of.
Samoa is a small island located in Oceania in the South Pacific ocean. I am half Samoan and half European.
I am the second youngest 
of three older teenagers. I am 12 years old, almost 13. 
Things that I love about my culture are the food such as 
Fa’apapa and Taro with coconut cream. 
Another reason I love  my culture, is that we are not just a country, 
we have a religion, and that is Christianity, this means we believe in Jesus 
and most Samoans go to church every Sunday. 
I also love Samoan history.
Did you know that the Samoan islands were first settled from
3,500 years ago as part of the Austronesian expansion?

Series Of Explanatory Statements:

The Clothing

  • I like Samoan’s clothing because the material is very soft and silky.
  • I also love the designs and patterns on the dress which is called a puletasi.
  • A puletasi is a dress which is off shoulder and is just below the knee.

The food

  • I like Samoa’s dishes because in my thoughts samoa has the best dishes, and one of the top
  • most popular dishes in Samoa is Taro, Breadfruit and Coconut. My most favourite
  • food in Samoa is fa’apapa and Taro & Coconut cream. Some of these dishes are very effortless
  • to make but some dishes can be very simple.

The tattooing

  • I like Samoan’s clothing because the material is very soft and silky.
  • I also love the designs and patterns on the dress which is called a puletasi.
  • A puletasi is a dress which is off shoulder and is just below the knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment